ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING ( AGM )
The Annual General Meeting is composed of all heads of TERNET member institutions and the Chief Executive Officer of TERNET. One among the heads is chosen to be the chairperson of the meeting for a period of three years eligible for renewal of one such term. The CEO is the secretary of the meeting.
AGM Powers and Functions
- To appoint Search Committees for the Board of Trustees and Executive Committee.
- To approve members of the Board of Trustees;
- To approve members of Executive Committee;
- To receive, consider and decide on recommendations of the lower organs of TERNET on general policy, budgetary, accounting and audit matters of TERNET;
- To appoint and/or establish such Committees of TERNET, other than those established under Article 12 of the constitution hereof, as the Annual General Meeting shall deem necessary or appropriate;
- To appoint the External Auditor or Auditors of TERNET;
- To apply all legitimate ways and means that shall ensure a sustained viable establishment and operation of TERNET on a sound financial, legal and equitable basis;
- To appoint the chief executive officer of TERNET and his/ her deputy (ies) and any other senior staff as shall be deemed necessary or appropriate for the carrying out of the mission, powers, objects and functions of TERNET; and
- To take any other step and do any other thing or matter that may be legitimately taken or done under the Constitution and in pursuance of the foregoing powers, functions and duties.