The Technical Committee is composed of seven members with expertise and general capability in teaching, research and consultancy service provision from member institutions.
- To be responsible to executive Committee for Technical implementation of all policy decisions of higher organs of TERNET
- Provide technical advice on such matters as are required or directed by the Executive Committee for the effeciency and effective implementation of any decision or matters required,approved or directed by Executive Committee.
- To initiate policy formulation for consideration by the Executive Committtee.
- To advice the Executive committee on the best ways and means of establishing a common strategy for ICT Application in Tanzania.
- To assist the Secretariat in all matters of technical nature and in the organization of the meetings of the Executive Committee and the Council.
- To oversee the initial recruitment for the appointment of staff by the Higher organs in accordance with the provision of relevant TERNET by-laws.
- To be the highest policy and decision making body of TERNET subject to the provision of the trust deed.