TRAINING COURSE : SYSTEM NETWORK SECURITY
DATE : 1 MAY 2017 - 05 MAY 2017
HOST : ST.JOHN UNIVERSITY DODOMA.
This is five days hands-on technical training focused on system network security. This workshop will focus on security from the network perspective
(ingress, egress filters, BCP 38, network intrusion detection, network traffic) as well as from the server side (proper admin procedures, firewalls, secure services, etc.).
The workshop is aimed at Network and System administrators who are interested in learning best practices for maintaining a secure and stable operating environment.
Train network engineering staff from Tanzanian education and Research network on how to design, build and secure scalable and sustainable networks.
Learn best practices and methodology for securing networks, including:
- Proper monitoring
- Proper services build-out
- Routing, switching and access control techniques with security in mind
- Strengthen the human network of the Tanzanian technical community in developing national and regional cyberinfrastructure
Mode of payment:
TERNET MEMBERS: TSH 300,000 only.
Non TERNET MEMBERS: TSH 400,000 only.
Payments should be made through NBC Bank ACCOUNT Number 081103000180.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and Layer 2/3 network basics
- Some linux/unix experience
For Registation click here
Note: Chances are few and therefore priority will be "FIFO" bases (First Registered given high priority)
Deadline: 24th April, 2017.