The Executive Committee is composed of maximum of ten (10) deputies of Chief Executive Officers of the member institutions recommended by a search committee of the AGM and approved by the AGM.
The tenure of office of Members of the Executive Committee shall be three years, provided that a member may be re-appointed for such three-year consecutive terms which, in total, shall not exceed nine years.
Powers and Functions of the Executive Committee
- To supervise the general performance of the functions and duties of the lower organs of TERNET Trust;
- To coordinate and oversee the general affairs and functions of TERNET Trust;
- To be responsible for the implementation of the mission, goal, objects and functions of TERNET Trust and the functions, duties, decisions, resolutions and/or directives of the Annual General Meeting;
- To appoint sub-committees for the better carrying out of its functions and duties;
- To formulate and ensure the execution of policy implementation measures through its own sub-committee(s);
- To be the highest policy execution organ and to make final decisions on any matter of an executive or administrative character.
- On behalf of the Annual General Meeting, to make decisions regarding appointment, terms and conditions of employment and discipline of officers and staff in the service of TERNET;
- To propose to Annual General Meeting for approval the names of persons to serve as first and/or successor Registered Trustees of TERNET;
- To appoint officers and staff to such established posts as shall be approved by the Annual General Meeting;
- To do any such other legitimate thing or matter and take any such other legitimate step or measure as may facilitate the carrying out of its powers, functions and duties and/or as may be properly directed or prescribed by the Annual General Meeting.