TERNET member institutions benefit in a number of ways including but not limited to:
- Benefit from services relevant for education and research for free or at a very minimal fee.
- Benefit from third party services negotiations as a member of consortium.
- To participate equitably in sharing knowledge, information, experience, skills, and resources for mutual benefits.
- To be a part of TERNET global network sharing high speed Internet access at lower cost for education and research benefits.
- Being under the same global network with data transfer security assurance between members and outside network.
- Professionals from member institutions to participate in different training sessions and workshops in the areas of campus network design, Security and systems administration.
- Get opportunity to upgrade your campus network infrastructure to agreed NREN standards.
- Get network equipment free of charge from TERNET donors.
- Free consultation from TERNET technical team.