ssion for Universities (TCU), NACTE (National Council for Technical Education) and COSTECH
(Commission of Science and Technology).
As per the current constitution, TERNET has five organs:
- Board of Trustees - hold and own in trust all the property of TERNET and ensure
the preservation, maintenance, development and proper or intended charitable
purposes and use of such property.
- Council - it is the highest policy and decision making body of TERNET. Composed
by all heads of institutions.
- Executive Committee - responsible to the implementation of the mission, goal,
objects and functions of TERNET and the functions, duties, decisions, resolutions
and/or directives of the Council. Its composition is - selected Deputy Heads of
institutions responsible for Research and Academic.
- Technical Commitee - provide technical advice on such matters as are required
or directed by the Executive Commitee or as are deemed necessary or appropriate
by it self to provide to the Executive Committee for the effecient and effective
implementation of any decision or matter reqired, approved or directed by the
- Secretariat - is the executive organ of TERNET, led by the Executive Secretary.
storage, e-learning platforms, services of bandwith reservation, etc. The research and Education Networks are already providing these services and promoting their adoption to the whole user community