“Cybersecurity is the practice of protecting systems, networks, and programs from digital attacks.” Cybersecurity is crucial in any institutional setting especially in education and research, in higher education students are required to use their own devices i.e. phones computer etc. which require additional security measures and due dilligence. The Secretariat wants its member institutions to feel confident in keeping their data safe and secure
To gain a global perspective of the challenges of designing a secure system, touching on all the Cyber roles needed to provide a cohesive security solution.
Through a blend of hands-on labs and interactive lectures, you will learn about current threat trends across the Internet and their impact on organizational security. You will review standard cybersecurity terminology and compliance requirements, examine sample exploits, and gain hands-on experience mitigating controls.
- Network professionals looking to advance their knowledge and explore cybersecurity as a career path
- Executives and managers from Education and Research Institutions looking to increase their ability to communicate with security professionals and implement a robust security solution at the organizational level
- ICT technical staff from Education and Research Institutions want to improve their understanding of cybersecurity fundamentals, including threats, mitigating controls, and organizational responsibilities
- Increase the awareness of security
- Reduce attack surface of systems
- Explore different data protection principles
- Implement login security and other identity management solutions
- Explore current malware threats and anti-malware solutions
- Explore social engineering threats, methods, and techniques
- Examine software vulnerabilities and security solutions for reducing the risk of exploitation
- Explain incident response capabilities
- Identify legal considerations and investigative techniques when it comes to cybersecurity
- Introduction to Cyber security
- Vulnerabilities in Cyber security
- Social Engineering
- Network Security
- Cyber security management
- Regulatory compliance
Date & Time
The training workshop will take place from 28th November to 02nd December 2022.
The Training Workshop will be conducted at Institute of Accountancy Arusha (IAA) in Arusha.
Tshs. 450,000/= for early registration
Tshs. 500,000/= after the deadline of 21st November 2022
All payments should be deposited in the Bank through the following Bank details and send us a copy of the bank slip.
Bank Name: CRDB BANK
Account Number: 0150431084100
Kindly call +255 737944761, +255 658735830 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org